Having used a number of fragrances, I’ve realised that selecting my perfume is as important to me as knowing the right dress to wear to any occasion. I must tell you, I get a lot of awesome remarks about my fragrances everywhere I go because I know the right perfumes to use at the right time. There are lots of different fragrances and top brands on vconnect.com and trust me, I’ve never made a wrong choice. I’ll share my secrets with you.
1. KNOW THE TYPES OF FRAGRANCES
- Floral fragrances: These consist of large variety of flowers such as roses, jasmine, lily of the valley and many others. They are sometimes mixed with hints of other subtle scents such as vanilla to create a well-balanced lighter fragrance that is perfect for a romantic evening. Floral fragrances are the largest group of fragrances to choose from. The citrus fragrances contain a blend of fruits such as lime, tangerine, lemon and mandarin, creating very refreshing aromas. You can get them here on vconnect.com. Examples are:
For an occasion such as a romantic date with my hubby, I consider wearing one of the floral fragrances that has a seductive appeal. One of my all-time favourites is Elizabeth Arden’s Green Tea Eau De Parfume.
- Oriental fragrances: These are derived from mixture of spices, resins, amber, balsams and other exotic aromas. They have a longer lasting fragrance; warm, sensual, exotic, and spicy. A few good examples are:
- Cologne Fragrances: Cologne has the least concentration of scents. Since they have light fragrances, they are suitable mostly for situations where you shouldn’t draw so much attention with an overpowering fragrance, like in the office. Here are some available on vconnect.com
2. NOTE THE BASIC TIPS ABOUT WEARING PERFUMES
- It’s good to apply your perfume on places where the scent will be kept for a longer period and also stay warm such as the inside of your elbow, the wrist, neck, stomach, and even back of your knees
- The best time to put on a fragrance is right after a shower or a bath because your skin pores will be open and soak up the perfume.
- Store your perfumes out of direct sunlight and away from warm, moist air. Perfumes exposed to sunlight and other elements can start to lose their fragrance notes or even change composition entirely in as little as a few weeks.
- The scent should be subtle, not too hard/harsh for others to perceive; pleasant enough for others to stay around you. Perfumes are meant to enhance your personality, attire, and overall being.
- Don’t spray perfume on clothings, especially silk clothings as it leaves stains on them.
- Don’t spray your perfume on jewelry! Some types of jewelry, like costume or pearl, tend to be discolored due to the alcohols in the fragrance. So when wearing perfume with some types of jewelry it is important to apply it away from the jewelry.
Your fragrance tells a lot about who you are. Click here to get beautiful fragrances.